Healthy Habits for My Homies
July Challenge: Daily Asana Practice
Here's a way for all of us homies (near and far) to use our collective energies to make better, healthier habits for ourselves. July 2018 is now our seventh monthly challenge that we can embark on together. The group dynamic has proven to be encouraging, motivating and inspiring. Each day we have the support of others in the group to share in successes and short-comings. And to remind ourselves that every day is a new day to show up and try again. It's all a practice.
For July we will be dedicating ourselves to getting on our yoga mats daily. I’ll be posting daily yoga videos to the private Facebook group for you to follow along to. They will range in levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced. That way you can have options. If a posted video isn’t what you feel like doing that day for any reason (not the level you want, the anatomical focus you want, the energetic you want, etc) you are free to do any type of practice you like. The videos I’ll be posting are just to give you an option for the day. They will range from 10-15 minutes, so the excuse of “I don’t have time” doesn’t come into play. By all means, you are welcome to practice longer if you desire. The point of these monthly challenges is to show that small daily practices can have a big impact on your well-being.
Tell your friends and family to join as well. Let's hold each other accountable. Let's stop making excuses and make long-term, sustainable changes in our lives for the betterment of ourselves, the relationships in our lives, and even the planet.
Challenges each month in 2018 will range from physical (yoga, exercise) to non-physical (gratitude journal, save money) to eating habits (no sugar, eat without distraction). #yogahomiesunite
It is recommended to register before or on the 1st of the month. Cost remains $30 if registering after the 1st of the month. No more participants will be allowed after the
15th of the month.
You must have an active Facebook account to be part of the group. All content will take place via a private group on the Facebook platform.
Every month you will:
* Get access to the private Facebook group starting the 1st of the month.
* Check in virtually each day or as often as you can.
* Have the opportunity to post and share related content, ask questions, receive encouragement and feel that you have a community of support around you to be successful.
Every month I will:
* Post interesting videos and articles related to the month's particular challenge.
* Answer questions you may have to the best of my ability.
* Be honest about my own active experience in the challenge as I will be doing these with you.
1) Online via the link below
2) In person $30 cash or credit card
You must have an active Facebook account in order to be part of the group. All content will take place via a private group on the Facebook platform.